GlycoGuard Horse Probiotic Supplement
GlycoGuard is an oral microbial gel that utilizes the power of B. infantis and L. plantarum bacteria to support the development and stability of the newborn foal's gut. Specifically designed to work in synergy with mare's milk, GlycoGuard is clinically shown to effectively colonizes and stabilizes the foal's large intestine.
GlycoGuard provides essential advantages to nursing foals, enhancing their gut health and overall well-being:
- Each tube contains 8 servings with an 18 month shelf life.
- Enhances the integrity and functionality of the foal's gut barrier.
- Rapidly colonizes and stabilizes the foal's gut to promote intestinal health.
- Contains good bacteria to effectively break down complex carbohydrates found in mare's milk.
- Enables foals to unlock and absorb the maximum nutrition from their primary food source, optimizing their growth and development.
- Encourages increased production of short-chain fatty acids that are essential for maintaining gut health and supporting the proper digestive system function in nursing foals.
Starting at $100.00
TWO-DAY SHIPPING INCLUDED. .
Hear from Our Customers
Hear from the experts on why they choose GlycoGuard
I've been hearing nothing but great things about GlycoGuard from fellow trainers and wanted to try a drug free solution for supporting gastrointestinal health in our own horses. Since being on GlycoGuard, our horses have been happier, healthier, and showing peak performance. I couldn’t be happier!"
McCutheon Reining Horses
"My foal was born septic, received GlycoGuard, is 12-days old now and doing great! I have been using GlycoGuard this foaling season as part of routine care of our newborn foals and to support intestinal health in the recovery of sick foals. I am a strong supporter of the product and recommend it to my clients.We are loving the results."
Dr. Cassy Mahoney
Farmview Veterinary Services
"GlycoGuard is an amazing product. I had an older mare who had no other symptoms other than having diarrhea. I got a tube of GlycoGuard and after the first 2 doses it was already making a difference, her poop was slowly becoming firmer. Two days after finishing treatment he was back to pooping regularly and has continued to stay normal! It truly helps the gut to get right!"
"The Lazy E Ranch foals out 300 mares a year, so we see a number of typical foal conditions. Diarrhea is one condition that can have numerous causes.GlycoGuard was the main component of our treatment protocol this year when a case of diarrhea needed treatment. By using GlycoGuard, we were able to quickly and effectively manage diarrhea in our foals and prevent anything from becoming more serious."
Dr. David A. Stone, DVM
Lazy E Ranch
Please note that GlycoGuard supports digestive health in nursing foals, and is not a replacement for proper veterinary care or medical treatments. If a foal shows signs of illness or has specific health concerns, consulting a veterinarian is essential for accurate diagnosis and appropriate medical intervention. GlycoGuard should be used as a complementary supplement alongside a well-balanced diet and proper veterinary management to ensure the best possible health outcomes for the foal.
Frequently Asked Questions
GlycoGuard should be fed to a nursing foal at specific intervals during the first few days of life to support its digestive health and overall well-being. The recommended the following feeding schedule for GlycoGuard:
- Day 1 (Birth): Administer 10cc (cubic centimeters) of GlycoGuard orally to the foal. This initial dosage is essential to introduce the beneficial probiotic strains, Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis and Lactobacillus plantarum, into the foal's gastrointestinal tract.
- Days 2 to 4: Continue to feed GlycoGuard to the foal every 12 hours. This means providing another 10cc dosage of GlycoGuard orally every 12 hours for a total of 8 feedings during this four-day period.
We recommend this specific feeding schedule to ensure that the foal receives a sufficient and consistent supply of beneficial probiotics . The first few days of a foal's life are crucial for establishing a healthy gut microbiome, and GlycoGuard's probiotic strains can play a significant role in this process.
- Supporting Digestive Health: Your foal’s gut microbiome works in harmony with its digestive system. These beneficial microorganisms help break food and aid in the efficient extraction and absorption of essential nutrients.
- Balancing the Gut Microbiome: A balanced gut microbiome is essential for a healthy digestive system. Feeding probiotics like GlycoGuard, helps introduce strains of beneficial bacteria that can counteract the potential overgrowth of bad bacteria. This helps maintain a harmonious microbial balance and minimizes the risk of digestive disorders.
- Strengthening Immune Function: The gut is a crucial part of the immune system. Beneficial bacteria in the gut help stimulate the production of compounds that support proper immune function. By promoting gut health, probiotics can enhance the foal's immunity, making it more resilient to infections and diseases.
- Alleviating Stress-Related Digestive Issues: Foals may experience stress during various situations, such as weaning or transportation. Stress can disrupt the balance of the gut, leading to digestive issues. Probiotics can help stabilize the gut microbiome. during these challenging periods and reduce the negative effects of stress on the digestive system.
- Smooth Transition to Solid Foods: As foals transition from a milk-based diet to solid foods, their digestive
system undergoes significant changes. Introducing probiotics during this phase can help the foal adapt, making the transition smoother and reducing the risk of digestive upsets.
GlycoGuard is formulated with specific strains of beneficial bacteria that have been extensively researched and proven safe for use in foals. This targeted supplement ensures your foal receives the right types of beneficial bacteria to support its digestive health without any side effects.
GlycoGuard is not a drug or medicine. It is classified as a direct-fed microbial (DFM) feed product, which is an additive that contains live microorganisms. These microorganisms are intended to have a positive impact on the gut health and overall well-being of the animal. GlycoGuard contains specific strains of probiotic bacteria, including Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis and Lactobacillus plantarum, which support gut health in nursing foals.
While the term "bacteria" might be associated with germs, not all bacteria are bad. In fact, the equine gastrointestinal tract is home to a diverse community of microorganisms collectively known as the gut microbiota. Most of these microorganisms are beneficial and play a crucial role in the digestive health and overall well-being of a foal.
These beneficial bacteria work with the horse's digestive system to promote gut health, enhance nutrient absorption, strengthen immunity, and mitigate digestive issues. Always consult with a veterinarian to determine the most suitable probiotic product and dosage for your foal's individual health needs.
FREE TWO-DAY SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTIGUOUS US.
We offer free two-day shipping within the contiguous US to ensure your order is delivered quickly.
Shipping charges will be applied to orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, as well as international shipments, based on weight and destination.
Orders placed Monday through Friday before 10:00 am PST ship the same day.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about Orders, Shipping, & Infinant Health’s Return Policy.
- Chaucheyras-Durand, F.; Sacy, A.; Karges, K.; Apper, E. Gastro-Intestinal Microbiota in Equines and Its Role in Health and Disease: The Black Box Opens. Microorganisms 2022, 10, 2517. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms10122517
- The PLOS ONE Staff (2019) Correction: Utilizing the fecal microbiota to understand foal gut transitions from birth to weaning. PLOS ONE 14(5): e0217721. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0217721